Holiday Emergency Preparation Tips from SERVPRO
The holiday season is that time of the year filled with joy and happiness as friends and family get together to engage in the festivities.
While you indulge yourself in the merrymaking, ensure you are prepared for any emergency that can occur during the holidays.
3 Top Holiday Emergency Preparation Tips in Nashville
1. Ensure Kids with Allergies Have Identification Tags
What is a holiday without some cool gifts? Often, your kids will get tasty treats, and because they love sweet things, they may end up taking something that will flare up their allergies. You wouldn’t want your child spending his/her holiday in the hospital, would you?
And since you wouldn’t want to be perceived by your visitors as the weird overprotective parent who supervises each gift a kid receives, you can use small (but noticeable) identification tags to indicate that your kid is allergic to a particular foodstuff.
2. Keep Electrical Appliances Away
With your home full of people during the holidays, you need to make sure that your kids and guests are not exposed to any hazardous elements such as electric appliances.
Ensure that all appliances are working properly and keep all small unused electric appliances in locked cabinets before your little champ gets electrocuted. Also, make sure you remove all holiday lights from once the festivities are done.
3. Conduct the Holiday Cleaning in an Orderly Manner
Before your guests arrive at your home, you need to do some thorough cleaning.
We know you don’t like doing this (who does?), that’s why we are here to offer you a helping hand. At SERVPRO, we have state-of-the-art cleaning equipment and products that will leave your home spotless.
Moreover, after you are done with the festivities, don’t jumble everything in a monstrous heap. Call SERVPRO Nashville.
Let Professionals Handle Your Holiday Cleaning in Nashville
The holiday season is a time to make merry and relax. It’s such a buzzkill when you think about all the cleaning that you have to do.
With SERVPRO, your holidays just got better. From carpet cleaning, to repainting your walls, to mold remediation, and air duct cleaning, we’ve got you covered. And if there is a fire or water emergency abruptly occurs during this season, SERVPRO has quick emergency restoration services that you can count on.
Call us today!
A Guide on How to Prepare Your Home for Visitors This Holiday Season
A Guide on How to Prepare Your Home for Visitors This Holiday Season
The best thing about being at home is enjoying priceless moments with friends and family. Opening your home to others creates a sense of connection that every person yearns for.
When you have guests over, you’ll have the instincts of making them as comfortable as possible. With proper planning and preparation, you can make them feel at home.
3 Easy Tips by Home Cleaning Experts in Percy Priest that Will Make Your Visitors Feel at Home
Some of the things that will guarantee your visitors a pleasurable stay at your home include:
1. Stocking Up on the Essentials
If you are having guest over, basic necessities are a must. If they are sleeping over, ensure you have fresh and clean sheets, pillows, towels, and a free shelf.
You should also provide them with personal items such as toiletries and razors.
2. Have Some Interesting Activities Lined Up
Since your guests are in a new environment, they’ll probably shy away from doing a lot of stuff that they usually do. Lighten up the mood with some board games, movies, discussions, and/or drinks.
Such activities will make them more comfortable and relaxed. The main aim is making them feel at home, right? There’s no better way to do it.
3. Prepare a Scrumptious Meal Plan
Visitors will expect to eat something better than what they usually have. Think outside the box and think of cuisines that your friends and family love.
Also, different people have different eating habits. So, ensure that you have snacks and easy-to-make meals available in the kitchen.
4. Keep Your Home Clean
Your guest will love staying in a clean and spotless house. This means that you are faced with the daunting task of some home cleaning. But this shouldn’t stress you. SERVPRO has your back!
We offer top-notch home cleaning services in Percy Priest.
Let SERVPRO Handle All Your Holiday Cleaning
With these awesome tips, you’ll definitely have memorable moments with your friends and family. The holidays have never been this fun.
For efficient home cleaning services, ensure you contact SERVPRO Percy Priest. We’ll have your home spotless in no time.
Restore Your Home with SERVPRO this Holiday Season
With the holidays around the corner, it’s time to get your cleaning groove on.
We know that this is not how you’ll want to spend the holidays. That’s why you need help from home cleaning professionals in Percy Priest.
Nonetheless, here are some major areas that you need to work on for your holiday cleaning:
5 Holiday Home Cleaning Tips from Restoration Experts in Percy Priest
1. Give Your Entryway a Good Scrub
First impressions are always important.
You need to wipe down the front door and give your doormat a good wash. Moreover, your exterior walls and windows should be cleaned accordingly.
2. Focus on the Kitchen
In many families, it’s a tradition to gather around the dining table and have delicious holiday meals. For this reason, you’ll need to ensure your kitchen is not only clean but also smells nice. Cleaning your kitchen can be quite overwhelming and it’s recommended that you seek professional help.
4. Don’t Forget the Bathrooms
Making the bathroom spotless is a daunting task. To effectively removal stubborn on sinks and tiles, call SERVPRO of Percy Priest. We’ll not only clean your bathroom, but also inspect your sewer lines and clear them out (if necessary).
5. Remove Bad Odor
Sometimes there are those lingering smells that just won’t go away even after thoroughly cleaning your home. While you could use air fresheners to freshen up the atmosphere inside your home, this is never an effective method since it wears off quickly. You can reinforce this by making a cup of coffee – the glorious aroma always does the trick.
Do You Need Quick Home Cleaning Services? SERVPRO Has Your Back
If you don’t know where to start with your holiday cleaning, it’s best that you seek the services of SERVPRO of Percy Priest.
Apart from having extensive experience and top-notch cleaning equipment and products, we have a highly-skilled and friendly staff that you’ll just love to work with. Whether you need a major emergency restoration or just need help with your holiday cleaning, don’t hesitate to call us.
We’ll be glad to offer you that much-needed helping hand.
Fire Damage? How SERVPRO Fire Restoration in Percy Priest Can Help
It is quite surprising that a lot of homeowners in Percy Priest are still not conversant with fire restoration services.
Fire restoration companies like SERVPRO have highly trained professionals who can help get your home back to its normal state after a fire tragedy.
Now that you know, never go through the pain of cleaning up yourself. Call SERVPRO and let us offer you a helping hand.
How Will SERVPRO Fire Restoration in Percy Priest Help You?
Our fire restoration process is quick and easy:
Step 1: Contact us via our emergency number
Step 2: Fire damage assessment
Step 3: Efficient drying and water removal
Step 4: Soot and smoke removal
Step 5: Thorough cleanup and repair
Step 6: Top-notch restoration
Ways to Prevent Fires in Your Percy Priest Home
To prevent another fire in your home, here’s what you need to do:
- Ensure your heating system is regularly serviced by a professional.
- Your dryer filter develops lint every time you use it. So ensure you remove the lint regularly so that it doesn’t end up in the heating coils and cause a fire.
- Keep piles of leaves and firewood far away from your garage or near your house.
- Don’t use plug-in power bars or outlet extenders which are likely to overload electrical circuits. If you have any old and damaged appliances cords, replace them.
- Cooking oil is one of the riskiest substances in your kitchen. Make sure you store it away from the stove.
- Ensure you properly extinguish cigarette butts which, when left unattended, can smoulder for quite some time and start a fire.
SERVPRO Provides Fire Restoration in Percy Priest
A fire disaster in your home can cause a lot of damage if you don’t take precautions. Although you may get compensation from your insurance provider, not all the damaged property will be covered.
SERVPRO professionals have the experience to restore your home to what it used to be before the fire. Our services are quick and top-notch – you won’t regret it!
Fire Prevention Tips from a Professional Fire Restoration Company in Hickory Hollow
In 2015 alone, there were over 1,345,500 cases of fire reported in the U.S. These fires caused a cumulative property damage worth $14.3 billion.
Some of the common causes of fires in the country include arson attacks, human errors, and improper use of furnaces, water heaters, and boilers.
Fires can occur anywhere at any time. This means that all buildings – whether residential or commercial - should have fire precautionary measures put in place to ensure that outbreaks are avoided. And if they happen to occur, they’ll cause minimal damage.
Fire Prevention Measures from Fire Restoration Experts in Hickory Hollow
At SERVPRO, we care about you. That’s why we’ve come up with some good fire precautionary measures that you should consider:
- Having frequent fire risk evaluation for your building.
- Proper handling of highly inflammable and combustible items. Most products that are highly flammable are labeled and should be stored properly.
- Installing fire prevention equipment such as extinguishers, fire alarms, and fire sprinklers. These pieces of equipment should undergo inspection as often as possible to ensure they are working properly.
- Ensuring that the fire extinguishers are easily accessible in case of a fire emergency. You can install them on walls of the corridors or a frequently used room. Avoid also stacking items on them.
- Educating and training the occupants of a particular building on the dos and don’ts of fire prevention. Make sure they have the knowledge and technical skills of using fire prevention equipment.
- Label emergency exits properly.
SERVPRO is a Professional Fire Restoration Company in Hickory Hollow That Cares
Fire disasters are inevitable even with all these prevention measures.
If you are a victim of such an ordeal, you’ll need to get your life back to normal as soon as possible. Fortunately, SERVPRO is a professional fire restoration company in Hickory Hollow that’s always available and dedicated to help you get your old life back.
You won’t even know that your building suffered a fire disaster after our restoration.
What to Do Before SERVPRO Arrives for Fire Restoration in Nashville
Fires outbreaks are not things we can plan – they are mostly accidental. This means that we should always take the necessary precautionary measures.
From the heat, to the smoke and the water used by the firefighters to put out the fire, fire can cause a lot of damage to your home.
After such a disaster, we get anxious and our first instincts are always to get back to our normal lives as soon as possible.
With expert fire restoration services in Nashville like SERVPRO, the fire damage to your home can be minimized. You can count on us for this.
Before Fire Restoration Experts in Nashville Arrive…
Ensure you contact your fire restoration company as soon as possible. SERVPRO will help to minimize the fire damage in your home. Here’s what you should do before they arrive:
- Safety first. Ensure your family and neighbors are safe and the fire is completely put out by the fire marshals. It may not be wise to hang around the damaged house.
- Electrical wiring, fall hazards, and slips are typically present after a fire damage in your home. So ensure you take necessary precautions.
- Wet materials – after the fire marshals have put out the fire – can be heavy. Don’t attempt to carry them on your own. Let SERVPRO do it for you.
- Take pictures and/or videos for insurances purposes.
Fire restoration by the SERVPRO Include:
- Soot clean up from all the surfaces including walls, ceilings, and floors.
- Smoke odor elimination.
- Drying of the furniture, carpets, and any other items that might have gotten wet when the fire was being put out.
- Cleaning of items that can be restored as well as sanitizing the whole place.
- Repairing and restoring damaged items.
Get in Touch with SERVPRO for Professional Fire Restoration in Nashville
SERVPRO are the guys to call for your restoration in case your home suffers fire damage.
With vast experience and top-of-the-line equipment, we’ll ensure your life is back to normal in no time.
Commercial Mold Remediation in Hickory Hollow: Before Help Arrives…
For business owners, first impressions are always a big deal.
How do you expect your customers to react when they find a huge colony of mold on the restroom walls or any other wet place at your business premise? Their first instinct will be to turn and never come back.
Unlike mold on a stale sandwich, commercial mold infestation is never as easy as tossing a moldy bread into the trash. It can cause serious complications to the structural integrity, air quality, and even operations of the company.
When you notice mold growing on your business premises, your first step should be to call SERVPRO of Hickory Hollow. After making the call and the commercial restoration professionals in Hickory Hollow are on their way, here is what you have to do next:
Tips on What to Do Before Commercial Restoration Services Arrive
- Look for more places that you may suspect to have mold, especially behind drywalls and under the carpets.
- Turn off the HVAC systems and fans of your commercial building.
- Try to keep everyone away from the infested areas.
- Don’t attempt to scrap off the mold yourself.
- Don’t spray fungicides or disinfectants on the mold. Such chemicals are harmful.
- Don’t blow air across any surface with suspected or visible mold. This can compromise the air quality in your workplace.
- Don’t touch or even disturb the mold.
- Don’t try to dry the infested area yourself.
Commercial Restoration in Hickory Hollow Will Help You Attract More Customers
When your business property is clean and mold-free, it projects a successful image that will improve the customer’s experience at your business. Don’t let your competitors have the upper hand simply because your walls and other surfaces are infested with mold.
At SERVPRO, we are a leading commercial mold remediation company in Hickory Hollow, and we are always available to help.
Commercial Fire Restoration by Professionals in Percy Priest
A fire tragedy on your business can be really overwhelming and devastating.
But with fire restoration companies such as SERVPRO just a phone call away, the devastation and anxiety have become things of the past.
Commercial Fire Damage Restoration Process in Percy Priest
1. Contact Us ASAP
All fire restoration companies offer emergency contacts so that you can get in contact with them as soon as possible.
At SERVPRO, we take pride in our quick responses. You can always count on us for your commercial fire restoration needs. Our emergency number is (615) 731-4222.
Our skilled professionals will assess and give you a comprehensive report on the extent of the damage, how far the soot has spread, how long the fire restoration exercise may take as well as the general costs you may incur.
3. Odor Elimination
At SERVPRO, we use top-of-the-line dehumidifiers and air movers to completely remove smoke odor and make your building smell as fresh as never before. These pieces of equipment are also used to dry the walls and floors.
4. Clean Up
This process basically involves scrubbing off all the smoke, dust, and soot from your business premises.
At SERVPRO, we want you to get back on your feet as soon as possible. That’s why we are equipped with the right equipment and skilled staff for quick and efficient commercial restoration services.
5. Repair and Renovation
Last but not least, our fire restoration process will also involve renovation and repair of office furniture as well as all the electronic devices. When SERVPRO restoration services are done with your business premises, you’ll – without a doubt – be satisfied with the end results.
SERVPRO is Your Number One Commercial Fire Restoration in Percy Priest
SERVPRO commercial restoration experts are the people to call after fire damage. With a highly trained team and state of the art equipment, you can expect nothing less than exceptional restoration services.
Restaurant Restoration in Nashville: Common Causes of Fires in Restaurants
According to the National Fire Protection Association, there are over 3,500 restaurant fires reported each year in the United States. These fires are estimated to cost about $84 million in property damage every year. The majority of these fires are started in the cooking area of the restaurants.
Even though the rates have reduced over the years, restaurant fires are still a major concern today. You may have your smoke alarms up to code and working properly, but we all know that commercial cooking operations have a multitude of fire hazards.
5 Common Restaurant Fire Safety Issues in Nashville
- Vent hood doesn’t cover all the cooking appliances: When fire starts on a cooking appliance that isn’t properly covered by a vent hood, it can’t be easily controlled and may burn down the whole kitchen.
- Inadequate cleaning of the exhaust systems: Exhaust systems usually accumulate grease which is highly inflammable and could pose a serious fire threat. Regular maintenance of the exhaust systems will come a long way in ensuring that your restaurant is safe from fire damage.
- Incorrectly installed baffle filters: These filters are specifically designed to collect grease. If they are incorrectly installed, grease may accumulate on the hood and pose a serious fire threat.
- Inadequate separation or partition between fryers and cooking appliances: Without adequate space between these two items, cooking oil can easily splash into flames and cause a fire. Ensure there is at least 16 inches of separation or use a thick noncombustible metal divider.
- Dirty vents, ceiling, hoods, and work areas: Lack of proper hygiene and sanitation in a commercial kitchen is a major risk of restaurant fires. Dirty surfaces can easily be ignited by a small flame and cause a huge fire disaster.
Call SERVPRO for Restaurant Restoration
In addition to these common causes, lack of proper fire prevention equipment and skills is also another contributing factor. As a restaurant owner in Nashville, ensure that your staff is properly trained on the basic fire prevention and safety practices.
But if the damage is already done, you have a second chance with SERVPRO. We offer top-notch and quick restaurant restoration services in Nashville. Don’t let a mere fire shatter your dreams. We will restore your restaurant in no time.
Fire Prevention and Safety Tips from Commercial Fire Restoration Experts in Hickory Hollow
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), more than 136,000 non-residential fires were reported in 2015 alone, and this caused up to $3.3 billion in direct property damage.
As a business owner, you need to focus on issues such as fire prevention, risk assessment, and employee education. These issues will help minimize the chances of a commercial fire at your business.
3 Surefire Ways to Prevent Commercial Fire Damage in Hickory Hollow
1. Evaluate the risk of a fire hazard on your business
The NFPA offers a number of publications on fire safety for businesses. This will be a great place to start. Also, you can ask for guidance and advice from your building’s property manager.
2. Protect your employees
Your workers are the most important assets to your business and educating them on the best fire prevention practices will come a long way in preventing total loss and injuries.
- Evacuation Plan: For large commercial buildings, you need to post fire evacuation signs in several places around the workplace. Elevators should never be included in an evacuation plan – always use the stairs.
- Fire Plan: Ensure your staff knows what to do in the event of a fire outbreak. Occasional fire drills will help keep your staff up-to-date with the fire safety practices.
- First Aid: Your staff should know where the first-aid kit is located and how to use the items inside. The kits should be placed in areas where fire hazards are likely to occur.
3. Ensure fire protection systems are installed
Standard fire safety practices in Hickory Hollow call for fire extinguishers and smoke detectors on every floor of your building. An automatic sprinkler system will also provide primary fire protection for your business.
Commercial Fire Restoration Services
When various materials burn, the soot created often differs greatly and may require specific cleaning techniques. This means that every commercial fire damage is different and requires unique solutions.
At SERVPRO, we provide top-notch and quick commercial fire restoration services in Hickory Hollow to ensure your business is up and running again.