“Mold Removal” vs Mold Remediation In Your Home
Household mildew is unsightly and can pose a health danger. People with problems like pollen allergies and asthma are especially susceptible. Fortunately, there are ways to handle moldy growth inside the home with SERVPRO of Percy Priest / Hickory Hollow.
Moldy fungus is present in nature but it is the active spores that grow and become visible. Dormant particles do not normally cause problems. It is wet moist areas that activate the spores, causing it to appear and spread.
Spore control is one of the biggest problems that homeowners must face. The first step is to try and keep rooms as dry as possible. If there is a leak, it needs attention as soon as possible. Moisture is the culprit when it comes to mildew.
Time for Action
The appearance of fungus is the obvious first indicator of a potential problem. The sooner you deal with it the easier it is to fix. Spores grow when activated and can take over a large area in a small amount of time.
The fact that spores are everywhere makes removing them altogether nearly impossible. Moldy spots that are small in size are easier to deal with. This is an indicator that the spores may be restricted to one spot. The remediation process helps to stop mold from growing. The work usually begins when the area has been dried and is prepped.
Larger infested areas are more serious and often need a complete solution. Mold remediation focuses on eliminating the growth of spores. The size of the affected space is a factor in what treatment is required during the restoration process. This involves long term solutions such as moisture reduction techniques.
SERVPRO of Percy Priest / Hickory Hollow is the place to turn to for help. We are experts in their field and are trained on the specifics of spores. Dealing with moisture and mildew requires professional help. We will draw up a comprehensive plan that plots the entire restoration process. Our trained technicians use advanced equipment and techniques to solve the problem. No one should have to live with spores in their homes and it can be fixed. Call us today!